Sunday 29 December 2013

Christina Articulates: Top Non-Monster High Dolls of 2013!

Well, my Monster High favourites list got kind of out of control, so I decided to make a second post with my favourite dolls from other lines! I really branched out from Monster High more than I have in the past, and I think it's safe to say that I'm a doll collector now, and no longer just a Monster High collector!



This list is much shorter than my Monster High list, but I love the dolls on it just as much. Let's get to it!




First up, is Pop Art Dee from the La Dee Da Art Show line.


She is my first and still only La Dee Da doll, but something about her just grabbed me and wouldn't let go! I love the Pop Art inspiration in everything from the big lips on her headband, to the polka dots on her leggings and the Lichtenstein-esque print on her dress. So cute!

The next choice probably won't be a surprise if you've been around the blog for a bit. It's Once Upon a Zombie Rapunzel!


 Really, I love this whole line enough to include any of the ones I've purchased, but Rapunzel edges the others out just a little bit. I think it's her spooky smile!

The next choice is somewhat surprising, even to me. It's a boy doll! Specifically, it's Hunter Huntsman from Ever After High.


I've never been into boys dolls all that much, though I do own a few. However, I wanted Hunter as soon as I saw pictures of him, and he's even better in person! His outfit is so detailed, and his face looks so warm and friendly.

Another one readers won't be surprised to see is Cerise Hood, also from Ever After High. I may have taken nearly a hundred photos of her only a few days ago, so of course she'd turn up here!


 Everything about her is so well-designed and feels right to me, and I really just love her!

For something completely different, I love my brand new Legacy Day Raven Queen!


She is over the top in all the best ways, there's just so much to look at here! I'm going to do a full review on her in a bit, so consider this a preview!

2013 also marked my first foray into the world of more "luxury" dolls, directed at adult collectors. I was lucky enough to find an amazing deal on these next dolls, so much so that I'm breaking the rules of my own post to include both of them. First up is Phyllis "Pizzazz" Gabor, from The Misfits, rivals to Jem and the Holograms.


 She is just...guh. Fabulous. I love the acid green colour of her hair, the crazy zebra pattern of her dress...everything. You really do get what you pay for, and Pizzazz is worth every penny that she cost and more!

Next up is my rule breaker, Kimber Benton from Jem and the Holograms. She breaks the rules because she technically came out in 2012, but I only got her in 2013 and I love her, so I want to include her.


 I mean, she comes with a keytar! Come on! These Integrity dolls are really just so wonderful, and I'm so glad to have them in my collection!

2013 wasn't the best year for me, personally, but building my collection with amazing dolls like these really makes the bad stuff easier to deal with. It may sound silly, but I think other collectors out there will know just how true that can be! I have hopes that 2014 will be a great year for dolls, and hopefully, a better year for myself too!

What are you looking forward to in 2014, either personally or in the doll world?

No comments:

Post a Comment